[GRLUG] To Raid, or not to Raid, that is the question.

Don Wood donlumber at comcast.net
Wed Mar 9 20:36:13 EST 2011

For my last employer we built a linux data storage server. We used software
raid 1 with nightly rsync. We also used LVM on top of it all and since we
had a programmer on staff we had him create a program to create nightly
snapshots with a rotation schedule, etc.. but I'd rather have a RAID 1 than
nothing at all.