[GRLUG] Ben's video editing pdf & a question

John-Thomas Richards jtr at jrichards.org
Wed Mar 9 19:50:36 EST 2011

On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 12:25:56AM +0000, Michael Mol wrote:
> Handbrake works very well for ripping and encoding disks. When I
> backed up my 100 or so disc DVD collection, I believe I used
> 'dvdbackup'. (dvdbackup doesn't include an encoding option, though)

I'm actually less concerned about converting to another format.  vlc can
play a VOB just fine (and I don't want any loss of quality).  The
problem is watching a specific episode is difficult because a VOB
doesn't match up with an episode.  If I had sufficient disk space I
would simply use dvdbackup and keep all the extra features though I
would really prefer having an individual file for each episode
(something like `Stargate_SG1_S01E01_Children_of_the_Gods.mpg').

--
john-thomas
------