[GRLUG] Vim Group? Editors and IDEs

John-Thomas Richards jtr at jrichards.org
Fri Jun 24 17:16:28 EDT 2011

On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 04:58:45PM -0400, Bob Kline wrote:
> > > What other things do people find handy?
[snip]

> >                           I also like `ce'.
> >                          Guess what it does?
> >                           (This is a hint.)
> >
> Re "ce", check for closing parenthesis?

No; it centers text.

                     A circus performer named Brian
                   Once smiled as he rode on a lion.
                     They came back from the ride,
                         But with Brian inside,
                 And the smile on the face of the lion.

I highlighted those lines with V and then entered the command `ce'.  It
centers based on the textwidth parameter (in this case, tw=72).
--
john-thomas
------