[GRLUG] ebook identification

David Pembrook david at pembrook.net
Fri Jun 24 10:03:27 EDT 2011

Checkout calibre. Its cross platform and looks interesting. I've just
tried it and it did a nice job cataloging my collection. It even grabs
amazon descriptions and book covers. I have not delved into all its
features. It has a server component but I've only tried it as a desktop
application.  See http://calibre-ebook.com/.

Quoting their about page:

    calibre is a free and open source e-book library management
    application developed by users of e-books for users of e-books. It
    has a cornucopia of features divided into the following main
    categories:

        * Library Management
        * E-book conversion
        * Syncing to e-book reader devices
        * Downloading news from the web and converting it into e-book form
        * Comprehensive e-book viewer
        * Content server for online access to your book collection

Dave