[GRLUG] sugarcrm/mysql issue

Eric Beversluis ebever at researchintegration.org
Fri Jun 3 15:37:58 EDT 2011

We've got Sugarcrm running on a SLES box. I"m trying to do a backup of
the mysql DB and running into this problem:

As root, I navigate to /opt/<sugarfolder>/mysql/bin, where I see the
list of all the mysql commands, including 'mysql' and 'mysqldump'. But
when I try either of these, I get the 'command unknown' response.

mysql -u root -p
or
mysqldump -u root -p sugarcrm
> /home/eric/Desktop/sugar_mysql_backup.sql

I think I've used both of those commands successfully with other mysql
settings.

Any ideas or insights?

Thanks.