[GRLUG] FW: July WMLUG Meeting Reminder

Patrick TenHoopen ptenhoopen at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 27 13:47:22 EDT 2011

FYI

From: president at wmlug.org
To: president at wmlug.org
Subject: July WMLUG Meeting Reminder
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 10:42:24 -0700

Hello,This is a reminder that this week Thursday, July 28, is the next WMLUG meeting.  We will be meeting at New Horizons in room 1.Our presenter, Adam Tauno Williams, will be talking about SDFS: An Open Source Deduplicating Filesystem.SDFS,
 also known as Opendedup, is a cross-platform highly-scalable
block-level deduplicating filesystem.  Backend storage can be either
local or remote via HTTP; remote storage on Amazon EC2 is supported.
 Particularly for archival data, deduplication can store the same data
in as little as 10% the space; deduplication is seamless and
transparent.Please let us know if you plan on attending.  It should be an interesting presentation.
Thanks,PatrickPresident - West Michigan Linux Users Grouphttp://www.wmlug.orgpresident@wmlug.orgptenhoopen@gmail.comptenhoopen on Twitter616-295-5168