[GRLUG] save hidden files in windows

Eric Beversluis ebever at researchintegration.org
Fri Jul 15 14:22:59 EDT 2011

I'm working with an app (simple groupware) that wants me to move a
"webdav.htaccess" file and rename it ".htaccess".

However, Windows won't let me do that. It keeps telling me, "You must
type a file name." (It must think '.htaccess' is an extension.)

I tried googling "Windows save hidden file name" and "Windows name a
hidden file" but only found references to explosing or hiding hidden
files.

What's the secret?

Thanks.