[GRLUG] Testing Comcast vs AT&T

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Mon Jul 11 13:08:43 EDT 2011

On Mon, 2011-07-11 at 08:29 -0400, Bob Kline wrote:
>The power boost is indeed a gimmick,
> but it. does move short files quickly.

Which makes it *not* a "gimmick.  It is an optimization for a common
use-case.

> seems valuable even though it doesn't
> apply after a period of time.  For those
> servers that can handle it anyway.

I suspect that it isn't a "boost", it is a constraint that applies to
long lived streams [mentioned in my previous mail in this thread].  That
constraint keeps bandwidth available for shorter transfers [which
constitute the majority of conversations].  There really is not any way
to "boost" Internet traffic.