[GRLUG] Testing Comcast vs AT&T

Michael Mol mikemol at gmail.com
Sat Jul 9 08:44:12 EDT 2011

I'm paying for 20Mb/s down, 2Mb/s up. A family member of mine remarked
that when he upgraded to a DOCSIS 3 modem, he started seeing better
than 10-20Mb/s, when he's only paying for 6Mb/s.

Modem is a Motorola Surfboard SB6120, so DOCSIS 3. It's one of only
two DOCSIS 3 modems approved by Comcast at the moment, and the only
one that you don't have to rent from them.