[GRLUG] Time Clocks and Software

Ben Rousch brousch at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 13:13:57 EST 2011

On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 10:59 AM, Bill Littlejohn <billl at mtd-inc.com> wrote:

>>> The Arduino solution looks like the least expensive so far. Do you
>>> have any resource suggestions for getting me going in Arduinoville?
>>>

>> Many. Busy day though so give me a few to put together a decent list.
>
> Ok, so I haven't had much time to gather, but here's some resources to start
> you off:
>
> Start with the ultra basic .. Lesson 0
> http://www.ladyada.net/learn/arduino/
>
> The official Arduino tutorial page:
> http://arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/HomePage?from=Main.LearnArduino
>
> Some more references:
> http://www.arduinotutorials.com/
> http://www.freeduino.org/
>
> Feel free to email me directly if you want help working out your design. I'm
> no expert, but I did a project for remotely power cycling a couple of 120vac
> outlets so that I could reset our cable modem from home. So I've got a
> design that will switch high voltage / high current loads.
> -Bill

Thanks for putting that together. I ended up buying "Getting Started
with Arduino" [1], and put together an estimate along with some of the
other options. The boss decided to go with a used Linux netbook and
USB relay, which is still a fun little project (Linux and Python).

If nothing else I learned what sort of things an Arduino could be used
for. Another tool in the box; now I need a nail to hit it with.

[1] http://www.amazon.com/Getting-Started-Arduino-Make-Projects/dp/0596155514/

> believed to be clean.

  Ben Rousch
  brousch at gmail.com