[GRLUG] The Geek Group Has a New Lab

Michael Mol mikemol at gmail.com
Sun Jan 23 10:33:08 EST 2011

On Sat, Jan 22, 2011 at 3:43 PM, Michael Mol <mikemol at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 22, 2011 at 12:39 PM, Ben Rousch <brousch at gmail.com> wrote:

[snip]
> I've been mulling over moving the Saturday Social gathering as it is;
> I don't think there's currently anyone attending at least once a month
> who is significantly less likely to show up to the Leonard location,
> so that's not a major issue.
[snip]

A little while back, I started creating a Meetup.com group for
identifying the Saturday Social. I stopped when I hit the paywall for
going any farther. (I wasn't sure it'd be worth the money.)

I just got an email from Meetup saying that there were 179 people in
the Grand Rapids area, waiting for a group with the properties I'd
listed, and that if I finished setting up the group, Meetup would send
the invite.

That's a pretty large mass-mailing. You'd think those folks would have
gone to BarcampGR...

I'll probably poke through that paywall, but not before the Saturday
Social can comfortably move over towards the Geek Group location.