[GRLUG] GRLUG and The Geek Group

Casey DuBois casey at grlug.org
Sat Jan 22 11:27:12 EST 2011

The Geek Group location is still under construction and needs help, we
are all welcome to join on the web site and show up anytime to help
the build out (current hours seem to be around noon to 10 or 11PM
daily). I am trying to find desks (20+), tables and chairs for the
space (anybody on the list have some?) there are also several other
needs for the location and I am working on getting a list posted to
the group.

The location has internet but NO Heat, Water or Working Bathrooms
(should be on in the next 30 days) the official opening is set for May
31 and they are planning a cafe with coffee and such.

The Geek Group WANTS the GRLUG to use the facility as our permanent
home which will allow us to do more frequent meetings in a location
with lots of cool tools for more hands demonstrations. Several members
in the group have expressed their desire to have this type of location
in the past and I for one am VERY excited that they have come to GR.

I have invited Chris Boden (Geek Group President) to our Monday
meeting and it's looking like he'll be able to attend and talk more
with us I look forward to seeing ALL AVAILABLE GRLUGGERS at Monday's
meeting.

Casey DuBois
616-808-6942
casey at grlug.org