[GRLUG] video-psp

Ben Rousch brousch at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 06:40:30 EST 2011

I gave a series of talks about video editing and conversion last year
at WMLUG and BarCampGR. The info you need is in
http://brousch.orthicomp.com/files/video-editing-on-linux-part1.pdf

Its a little overkill on the codecs (its AVI today; who knows what
you'll have tomorrow), but enable the Medibuntu repo then, install
these packages in Ubuntu (or their equivalent if you're using some
other Linux): w32codecs, libdvdcss2, libavformat-extra-52, h264enc,
libquicktime1

Use this command to convert from pretty much any codec (including most
AVI) to mpeg4:
ffmpeg -i <infile> -vcodec mpeg4 -sameq -r <framerate> -acodec libfaac
outfile.mp4

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 5:48 AM, Philip J Robar <philip.robar at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Feb 28, 2011, at 12:48 AM, west mi wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to get my PSP to play some videos. The encoding is wrong. I have avi's
>> and my PSP plays MPEG-4. Does anyone know of a good converter?
>
> Handbrake: http://handbrake.fr/
> Miro: http://www.getmiro.com/
> Vuze: http://www.vuze.com/
>
> Phil