[GRLUG] partitioning help -- update

Topher topher at codeventure.net
Thu Feb 24 19:50:05 EST 2011

>> Because Arch is one magnificent beast, that's why!
>
> What did you not like about LMDE?

The first thing I noticed is that it installed MANY apps I don't want or
need.

The second is that about half the apps in the upgrade list came back with
a 404.  I know I could fiddle with repos etc.

Lastly, I know it'll never be as up-to-date as Arch.

Arch is a lot of work to install, but the same work to maintain as LMDE.
Since I'd have to spend a ton of time removing apps, changing my window
manager, and generally hacking LMDE to pieces, why not put the same work
into Arch, and get exactly what I want?

topher