[GRLUG] partitioning help -- update

John-Thomas Richards jtr at jrichards.org
Thu Feb 24 18:19:01 EST 2011

On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 06:06:02PM -0500, Topher wrote:
> Ok, I left the recovery partition after my linux partitions and
> everything seems to have worked swimmingly.
>
> I haven't actually tried pressing f12 to boot the recovery
> partition, but grub sees it, and I can choose it from the grub list
> and it loads fine.  I don't know if it WORKS, but I would imagine it
> would.

My laptop came with Vista.  I repartioned the primary Windows partition
and installed Debian.  I tried the recovery partition once.  Though it
would boot (via grub) it would bail everytime because it (apparently)
didn't find the appropriate partitions it was expecting.  This may
simply be my ignorant speculation.  Then again, who cares?  I'll never
need to install Vista.

> I've already decided I don't want LMDE, I'm going to put Arch on it.  :)

Why?
--
john-thomas
------