[GRLUG] Is ITT Tech a Good School?

Ben Rousch brousch at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 10:52:49 EST 2011

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 10:27 AM, mooselikebriard <moosebriard at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you everybody for your input.  Based on my inet research and what you
> have had to say, I think the ITT idea is shelved.  Too many doubts and gut
> feeling says no.  Perhaps one of my next moves should be coming to a
> Saturday gathering.  Sounds like that is the place to be.

There's also the West Michigan Linux Users Group (WMLUG) which meets
on the last Thursday of the month at 6PM at New Horizons Learning
Center in Cascade. It's a more formal meeting with presentations, but
discussions always happen there. The next meeting is Thursday and will
have presentations on Sabayon, preparing high-quality resumes with
XeLaTeX, Ampache music streaming server, and Proxmox KVM/OpenVZ
frontend.

For those of you wondering about the relationship between the groups,
WMLUG was started years ago during a lull in GRLUG activity. These
days WMLUG tends to have monthly, topical meetings, no mailing list,
and draws more members from the east side of the city. GRLUG tends to
have an active mailing list, less formal social meetings, and has a
larger west side attendance. There is no bad blood between the two
groups. Redundancy is good!

http://www.wmlug.org/

> On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 10:22 AM, Ben DeMott <ben.demott at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> In the words of one of our programmers that went to ITT
>>
>> "I went to school, spent 42,000 dollars, and learned almost nothing.  Now
>> I'm out of school, and get paid to learn actual skills"
>>
>> I would absolutely recommend GRCC over ITT, and if you want to further
>> your education at FERRIS you can.
>> A school is all about it's professors.  If you there are truly independent
>> and original professors that know how to teach - and have ACTUAL real world
>> experience in their field - it doesn't matter what school you go to you will
>> learn more than you ever could from individuals that are only teaching a
>> course so their college can offer it to students.
>>
>> On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 10:14 AM, mooselikebriard <moosebriard at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Davenport is close for me.  I live near Kalamazoo and that campus is
>>> close to where I work which of course only matters if the particular program
>>> is taught there.  I am looking into that matter currently.  I surprise
>>> myself that I never considered Davenport previously.

>>> --
>>> believed to be clean.
>>

>> --
>> believed to be clean.