[GRLUG] NOT LINUX - net neutrality

Bob Kline bob.kline at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 15:36:00 EST 2011

**

Yesterday, Republicans in Congress took a rare step in the nation's history.

They introduced a "resolution" in both chambers that would give phone and
cable companies absolute, unrestricted power over the Internet.1

This arcane proceeding under the "Congressional Review Act" would strip the
FCC of its authority to protect our right to free speech... at a time when
phone and cable giants are already restricting our ability to connect with
others and share information.2

The resolution is moving quickly through the House. We can kill it in the
Senate by getting 51 members to stand with us for online freedom:
**

Where you can do something about it:

http://act2.freepress.net/sign/resolution_of_disapproval/?akid=2306.9825593.beK6kp&rd=1&t=2

I think this is part of the same bill that
will gut funding to PBS and NPR.

If you think Comcast is bad now, and I do,
what and see what happens if this bill passes.
Comcast will spit on net neutrality.

With it's acquisition of Disney now, expect
all kinds of changes.  Clearly it has political
clout.

   -- Bob