[GRLUG] buisness card

Clay Ashby kingpoiuy at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 17:37:25 EST 2011

I've found business cards a very good advertising tool. There have been
countless times when I get a call only to find out when I get to the
customers house that my card is sitting there on their desk. Also; it looks
much better than writing it down on a paper. ;)

I am without a doubt pro-business card! So much easier than fumbling around
with your contact list on your phone. Even if the customer takes the card
and only keeps it long enough to record it into their phone/computer.

-Clay

On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 5:06 PM, Mike Williams <knightperson at zuzax.com>wrote:

> Since Vistaprint gives them out for free (because they're advertising
> themselves as well as you) at least it's not much of an investment. I think
> I might order some just as a salute to their creative business model.
>

> On 02/15/2011 04:58 PM, Topher wrote:

>>> That probably depends more on the job.  When I was in the trucking
>>> industry I handed out dozens of cards.  When I was in sales I handed out
>>> hundreds.
>>>
>>> That being said, why do we still use them?  Is there not a better way?
>>> vcard maybe?  Dunno.
>>>

>> When I started at Cornerstone in 2000 they gave me 500 cards.  I gave out
>> 4 in the 10 years I worked there.
>>
>> I've been in business for myself for 8 months now, and I still don't even
>> HAVE business cards.  Once or twice I've wished I had them, but I just wrote
>> my email address on a piece of paper at the time.  For all that matters my
>> web site doesn't have anything on it but my logo.
>>
>> How does this work?  I have enough other contact with people that it just
>> doesn't matter.
>>
>> The moral of the story is you have to decide for yourself if it would be
>> worth it.
>>
>> topher

> believed to be clean.

-- "technologically promiscuous"