[GRLUG] Debian Release Party

Ryan Pusztai rpusztai at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 13:30:47 EST 2011

On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 12:54 PM, Steve Romanow <slestak989 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have installed Mint Debian on my main machine and it is okay.  A little
> rough on some points, but I am not sure I am sold on Unity Desktop.  I am
> going to wait a bit for Gnome3 and then compare the two to see what meets my
> needs.

I am also switching to Mint Debian for main desktops at because of the
rolling release cycle. So for I am in love. The only part that Ubuntu has
done very well is the "Hardware Drivers" install dialog for Wifi and
Graphics drivers. Those seem to be way more manual to install in Debian. But
I have got them working, so I am very happy with my experience so far (about
2 months).

Also I really miss the PPAs for Ubuntu. Can they be used on Debian? Is there
a similar idea for Debian?
--
Regards,
Ryan