[GRLUG] VPN for Android

Benjamin Flanders flanderb at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 14:10:11 EST 2011

O.K. I found the VPN settings and have been playing with it for a
while now.  There are a lot of VPN types that Android has access to,
but I don't think it has the kind I need.  Can someone help me
identify the VPN type so I can google it?

From the Cisco app in windows, the only thing I have to do is set the
ip address and then select Group Authentication then put in a username
and password.  Another tab has enable  transparent tunneling ip sec
over UDP checked.  There is no certificates and no pre-shared key that
I know of.

I googled Group Authentication and came up with "Issue 3902:Feature
Request: "pure" ipsec vpn client (cisco-compatible)" would this be the
type of VPN we have?  If this is the case then it looks like it won't
be supported until Android 4.0.

Thanks in advance

Share and Enjoy
Ben