[GRLUG] LibreOffice Base connectivity problem

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Wed Dec 7 15:21:03 EST 2011

On Wed, 2011-12-07 at 11:45 -0500, Eric Beversluis wrote:
> "The connection to the data source "permissions3" [because this is the
> third time I've tried to connect to "permissions"] could not be
> established.
> 	"[unixODBC][Driver Manager]Data source name not found, and no default
> driver specified."
> I don't see any details in the LibreOffice Base help about what do do
> here, nor any steps that I seem to have skipped.
> What am I missing?

If you are accessing the database via a unixODBC connection - make sure
the ODBC connection is property configured first.  Use the unixODBC
"isql" CLI utility to attempt to connect to the database [via just ODBC
without OOo/LOo in the middle].  Make that work first.  isql might give
you a nicer error message.

If you run the unixODBC connection manager [a nice GUI] do you see the
Data Source defined.