[GRLUG] Xnest/Xephyr

John-Thomas Richards jtr at jrichards.org
Sat Aug 27 20:14:43 EDT 2011

I need to login as another user with a fully-functioning X session.  I
can accomplish this easily enough via

   gdmflexiserver --xnest

However, that produces a window of just 640x480—not enough to do much of
anything with.  Google reveals lots of people asking the question but I
cannot find a definitive answer on how to increase this window size.
Even 1024x768 would be workable, though I would prefer just about
anything up to 1920x1080.

One suggestion was to add the line

   [daemon]
   Xnest=/usr/bin/Xephyr -screen 1280x800 -extension RANDR

to /etc/gdm/gdm.conf but that has no effect.  Any ideas?
--
john-thomas
------