[GRLUG] Google problem?

Jeff DeFouw mrj at plorb.com
Sat Aug 27 16:23:30 EDT 2011

On Sat, Aug 27, 2011 at 02:18:16PM -0400, Michael Mol wrote:
> I have had numerous searches where Google took a WYGIWYM approach to
> interpreting queries. It'd try a searches based on assumed (or
> presumed) typos, etc. Often, I haven't been able to identify wtf it
> thought a particular page was appropriate to my query, even if I
> looked at cached versions of it--I couldn't find the most important
> pieces of my search string in the page it brought up.
>
> Then again, I tend to search on obscure and technical subjects.

I often get the "I think you want the results for X when you searched
for Y" and I have to click on the "really search for Y" option.

I've also seen search results for the same query change in a short
amount of time.  Maybe there are servers with less common results that
take longer to respond.

--
Jeff DeFouw <mrj at plorb.com>