[GRLUG] Linux use

Bob Kline bob.kline at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 13:54:49 EDT 2011

Indeed.  That's where the M$ monopoly
really pays off.  Vendors would much
rather support just one version of their
software than three or more - windoz,
OS X, and Linux, for example.  Much
more profitable to have one near universal
platform.

To me that is the push-pull of monopoly
behavior.  After some level of market
share suppliers and vendors actually
root for a total monopoly, for reasons
mentioned above.

Re Chrome, etc., totally agree.  My wife
basically uses windows 7, but also the
Google items you mention.  My guess is
that 95% of PC users mostly surf and
do e-mail 95% of the time, and play