[GRLUG] Linux use

John Wesorick john at wesorick.com
Fri Aug 26 13:43:58 EDT 2011

At work, we are moving towards a 100% Linux ecosystem, both desktops and
servers. I have also had several friends ask me about installing this Linux
thing recently on their own, when I had preached to them years before and
they said they didn't see a point. At least 10% of the non-IT people at my
work have tried or use Linux at home. I don't think this is the year of the
Linux desktop, but we (Linux users) are making great strides. Besides for
the numbers, is there any information on where they came from? Are these
just devices sold with Linux installed? Does this include PCs that are
dual-booting? If not, which OS do they account for? etc, etc.