[GRLUG] How to play the AT&T DSL game?

Matthew Seeley matthew at threadlight.com
Mon Aug 22 19:01:37 EDT 2011

 A close friend of mine told AT&T he was moving, and they told him they
would just 'transfer' the existing service, with the new customer pricing.
Sounded great. Except they never actually closed the old one out, they only
signed him up as a 'new' customer at the new apartment.

So after he moved, he was billed for both services (cheap pricing at the
new, expensive at the old). But since he didn't live at the old place
anymore, he wasn't getting the bill, so he didn't know they hadn't actually
cancelled his old service. (He didn't even find out they had messed things
up until he started getting calls from collections)

He's the only person I've ever heard this happen to, but to be on the safe
side, I'd just cancel the existing service, and open a 'new' customer
account after you move.

--
Matthew Seeley
Threadlight Systems