[GRLUG] Xoom as external monitor

Eric Beversluis ebever at researchintegration.org
Thu Aug 11 22:44:33 EDT 2011

I haven't found a portable external monitor. My second laptop is
significantly heavier than the Lenovo but still quite a bit lighter than
a monitor. Even with the second monitor I'm dependent on a network where
I know or can find out the IP address being assigned to the Lenovo. So
this works at home and at work but not, e.g., when I'm at Panera.

So it would be sweet if I could just prop my Xoom up in front of the
dead screen and via USB or Bluetooth have it function as the external
monitor.