[GRLUG] want to buy a B&W printer

Bob Kline bob.kline at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 11:13:57 EDT 2011

As I mentioned, Canon has mostly
not been a team player with Linux.
And of course Lexmark went to court
to keep people from reloading cartridges.
The case was tossed out, but I won't
touch their stuff.

Kodak has made some overtures
toward cheaper cartridges, but so far
the industry battle lines have held pretty
well, and people continue to get gouged
pretty deeply by the cost.  Get a big office
machine and the ink containers hold a
pint of ink.  In a home printers it's a tiny
thimble full.

  -- Bob