[GRLUG] Chrome OS on your computer

Louie Pham luanlx.louie at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 22:00:45 EDT 2011

On Thursday, August 04, 2011 10:10:37 AM Edwardo Fuentes wrote:
> I appreciate being  welcomed for my first time to this users group. I got
> good helpful hints on enabling my broadcom wireless card on ubuntu 10.10.
> I found it in the removed the bcm 43xx from the blacklist, installed the
> driver & firmware. unfortunately wireless is still not working. gotta
> check the card & plugs next. hope to see ya next week.

What version of kernel you are running?  Look like last couplke kernel upgrade
brake wireless firmware, If you run a dmesg @ command prompt you will see
messages about Wireless problem.  It will show a link about where to get the
latest firmware, and how to install it probely.  I had to do this on both
Mandriva 2010.2 and Mageia at well.