[GRLUG] Grub corrupted

Bob Kline bob.kline at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 16:25:22 EDT 2011

On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 2:26 PM, John-Thomas Richards <jtr at jrichards.org>wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 11:36:16AM -0400, Bob Kline wrote:
> > On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 9:44 PM, Ben Rousch <brousch at gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Maybe https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Grub2#Command Line and
> > > Rescue Mode
> > >
> > That worked. Thanks.
>
> Care to elaborate?
>

>From the URL above:

**
After successfully booting into the system the user should run
sudo update-grub and inspect the GRUB 2 configuration file (*
/boot//grub/grub.cfg*).
**

My system eventually did boot
successfully.   That is the mystery.
I put in a CD of a beta version of
Kubuntu 11.04, power cycled, and
watched as the system booted off
the hard drive...........

Once it was up, I ran update-grub, as
above.

That's it. I think you'll agree that this
hasn't cleared up much.  The only
enlightening thing thing is to run
update-grub after a "successful" boot,
however you get the system back up.