[GRLUG] Need Help

Joseph Workman joseph.workman at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 12:08:32 EDT 2011

Hey Jeff. I would suggest KISS. Keep it simple, silly!

Have the person input data into excel in a preformated sheet so he can just
import it.

Is he happy with outlook email marketing ? If not and he is outgrowing his
solution he should look at something like mailchimp or constant contact to
help manage his lists. Most of those tools already have syncing built in.

On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 11:52 AM, Ben Rousch <brousch at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 11:45 AM, Jeff Cook <jcook at 5xdata.com> wrote:
>
>> Need some help. I have a client that uses outlook for all his contacts and
>> light email marketing. He wants to add contacts from a Dunn & Bradstreet
>> book that a third party will enter that is not onsite so he can send them
>> marketing stuff. So here what I need to build or find a webbased app that
>> will do it.
>>
>> 1. allow a person to add contacts but not allowed to view or modify what
>> is in there already.
>>
>> 2. allow him to sync to outlook or use the "new app" with his comcast
>> email account
>>

> Why not have the third party send him a CSV file or something Outlook knows
> how to import? Your client can then import it into his Outlook contacts
> without the third party touching his system.
>

>> 3. be able to send email marketing from this new app ie like constant
>> contact, phplist or similar app
>>
>> 4. simple enuff for a std user can use.
>>
>> I have that about building a php app so the contact can enter the info. in
>> that would inserted to phplist or similar app. then he can export the
>> contacts to csv that can be imported to outlook but, seems very
>> complicated
>>
>> I have looked Vtiger which would work for the most part but has some
>> limitation that I can get past and is over kill for what he want to do.
>>

>> Jeff Cook
>

> --
>  Ben Rousch
>     brousch at gmail.com