[GRLUG] I vote for the warehouse

Ben DeMott ben.demott at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 16:12:19 EDT 2010

I just did a talk on Spatial GEOS, libspatialindex, matplotlib for the
GRPUG... All of the packages were available for Ubuntu... OpenSuse, and
Fedora didn't have any of them available in supported repos... I know Debian
has good package coverage - that is never my complaint. Mostly as compared
to Fedora, OpenSuse, and the other popular ones I feel Ubuntu is years ahead
for mainstream usability for end-users.  No hassle get-started immediately
just works usability.  My non-technical friend had didn't use Linux until
Ubuntu came along - he just couldn't find his way around easily enough.