[GRLUG] Slightly OT, .. Troubleshooting a network?

Richard Maloley II richard at rrcomputerconsulting.com
Sun Sep 19 09:01:40 EDT 2010

My first thing to check for a slow logon on a Windows network is DNS. Verify
that the slow clients have DNS properly configured. Then be sure that the
server has DNS properly configured and all necessary records exist.

"I've lost a machine... Literally _lost_. It responds to ping, it works
completely, I just can't figure out where in my apartment it is."