[GRLUG] powersupply needed for HP laptop

Marc Zuverink mzuverink at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 16:09:45 EDT 2010

On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 16:05, John-Thomas Richards <jtr at jrichards.org>wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 10:45:39AM -0400, Matt Michielsen wrote:
> > On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 12:32 PM, John-Thomas Richards
> > <jtr at jrichards.org> wrote:
> > >
> > > Is it for an HP laptop?  They're all just slightly different (much like
> > > cell phones).  Some day there'll be a spec for power supplies, but that
> > > day ain't today.
> > >
> > > Thanks.

> sell
> >
> > Taking apart and repairing your power supply brick is probably the
> > easiest electronics project ever.  I'm assuming you mean the shielding
> > is frayed and the other coated wire(s) are ok and nothing has touched
> > each other when it was plugged in.
>
> I just did that!  It frayed right at the strain relief.  I removed the
> strain relief and spliced it back together.  With a fair amount of
> electrical tape, it's working just fine.  Still, my new power supply is
> coming Friday.
>
> Which reminds me...my other laptop died about a year ago.  It fell with
> a USB dongle in and damaged the port.  The port is right by the power
> supply.  The battery wouldn't charge anymore so I just assumed it was
> the motherboard jack.  Well, I picked up a new power supply and it's
> working.  $10 repair.  *Sweet*  Now I just need to get a new hard
> drive for it.
> --
> john-thomas
> ------
> Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.
> Thomas Henry Huxley, biologist (1825-1895)

> believed to be clean.

What size? What type.  I have 3 HP's that are scrapped, HD range from 80 to
320 gigs.
Phone number is 616-594-0140, its a google tellie number so you'll always
reach me.

--
*Marc Zuverink <mzuverink at gmail.com>*

*The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by
the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning
yourself.   - Nietzsche*