[GRLUG] 4g "ymax"

Clay Ashby kingpoiuy at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 19:21:27 EDT 2010

I'm no expert on the subject, but i know a few people with 4g phones, and
they say the coverage is pretty sparse. But 4g is new, so it will get better
over time.  From what I've heard other companies (like this one) rent the
service from Sprint, so basically it's a Sprint 4g connection.

Your latency on 3g is pretty bad, around 200, so don't plan on playing many
shooters, 4g is probably similar, but like i said, i'm no expert.

On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 6:10 PM, Topher <topher at codeventure.net> wrote:

> Anyone heard of Clear "YMax" before?  They had a stand at woodland and I
> grabbed a brochure.  The coverage map on their web site looks pretty decent.
>  http://www.clear.com/coverage?intcmp=index_d_prmnav_cvg
>
> The web site says "up to" 6M down, "up to" 1M up, but the brochure was a
> little more honest, and said the average up is 3-4M.
>
> Home-only is $44/mo, and home+mobile is $64.  All of the plans require a
> 2yr contract, which is awful in my opinion.
>
> topher

> believed to be clean.

-- "technologically promiscuous"