[GRLUG] Fwd: Herman Miller, Inc

Casey DuBois casey at grlug.org
Thu Oct 14 17:00:45 EDT 2010

Hello GRLUGGERS,

I always like to share a good job opportunity.

P.S. My Herman Miller Chair is the BEST one I've EVER owned, sorry
Grandpas (Steelcase Retirees).

Casey DuBois
616-808-6942
casey at grlug.org

Good afternoon. Please let me introduce myself. My name is Russell
Pit-og, Talent Acquisition for Herman Miller, Inc. In efforts to reach
the most qualified people for our "Space Utilization IT
Analyst" position I would like to post our position on our website or be
sent to your readership/membership if possible. Thank you in advance for
your assistance.

Job Title: Space Utilization - IT Analyst

Company: Herman Miller, Inc (www.hermanmiller.com)

To apply: www.hermanmiller.com/careers

Location: Holland, MI

Job Description:

General Purpose
Manages all system operations, maintenance, support and continuous
improvement of Herman Miller Services (HMS) Space Utilization Service
cutting-edge proprietary wireless sensor network and data
collection system used to measure a customer's building utilization
during a temporary study. Serves as the go-to person for all technical
aspects of the service operations including sales support,
training, system administration, scheduling, installation,
troubleshooting, and equipment maintenance. Provides feedback to the
development team on system performance, needs and opportunities. Key
objectives include maintaining system reliability, providing high
quality internal and external customer service, and performing
continuous improvement.

Essential Functions
° Presents technical overview of the space utilization service to
diverse customer roles to include information technology, corporate real
estate, facility management, and human resources to support
sales strategies.
° Coordinate with customer IT departments to insure space utilization
system networking requirements are understood and met.
° Understand and insure compliance with customer IT and security
requirements.
° Coordinate with customer facility managers to obtain floor plan
information and determine deployment locations that fit within
acceptable system parameters.
° Specify, prepare, and ship Space Utilization kits to meet customer
objectives and operate in the customer's environment for a space
utilization service study.
° Install Space Utilization Services equipment at customer site and
perform step-by-step confirmation of proper system operation.
° Monitor active customer studies, troubleshoot and resolve problems.
Provides on-call support and pro-active advance notice of potential
problems or issues.
° Develop and maintain internal and customer documentation and training
materials.
° Develop, document and communicate internal processes, procedures, and
best practices.
° Apply continuous improvement principles to operational processes and
tools.
° Manage equipment inventory to include problem troubleshooting and
periodic equipment re-certification.
° Provide technical feedback to the development team on field
performance of system, issues and diagnostic tools to include gathering,
analyzing and effectively documenting new technical requirements.
° Participate in planning, engineering, architecture, and development of
updates to the Space Utilization Services wired/wireless occupancy
sensing system.
° Collaborate with other members of the HMS team to keep them abreast of
customer requests and issues, and system and equipment affecting quality
of service.
° Interface with vendors to identify hardware/software and evaluate new
products as assigned.
° Perform additional responsibilities as requested.

Minimum Requirements
° Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or
related field. Minor in Business or Business Courses preferred.
° Minimum of four years experience as IT analyst, IT system
administrator, software developer or similar experience maintaining
production IT systems or an equivalent combination of education,
training and experience.
° Solid knowledge of UNIX/Linux operating systems and environments
including shell scripting.
° Solid knowledge of computer networking concepts and technologies
including TCP/IP, DNS, firewalls, and proxy servers.
° Solid knowledge of database Standard Query Language (SQL) required.
Direct experience with Oracle, PL/SQL, Microsoft SQL Server Analytical
Services and Crystal Reports preferred.
° Working knowledge of IT security concepts including system, network,
and data security and security related operational procedures and testing.
° Working knowledge of software development and software testing
concepts and practices. Experience with Ruby, Ruby on Rails, and Java
preferred.
° Understanding of system architectures including client-server and
multi-tier distributed systems.
° Excellent problem solving skills; must be creative and able to resolve
problems quickly and efficiently.
° Strong oral and written communication skills. Must be able to present
to client facility managers and above.
° Strong organizational skills including attention to detail, time
management and multi-tasking.
° Strong independent and team player with excellent interpersonal skills
and a positive attitude. Must be self-motivated and be able to
aggressively pursue goals.
° Project Management experience preferred. Demonstrated Microsoft
Project capability.
° Understanding of the demands of maintaining a production system. Must
be able to handle stressful problem-solving activities independently and
with a team.
° Willing to work flexible hours; occasional need for work to occur on
evenings and weekends. Depending on service demand, this position may
require travel up to 50% of the time.
° Ability to lift or move sensitive and heavy equipment. Wheeled
containers may exceed 100 pounds.
° Ability to effectively use office automation, communication, software
and tools currently used in the HMI office environment.
° Must be able to perform all essential functions with or without
accommodations.

Russell Pit-og
Talent Recruiter, Talent Acquisition
People Services