[GRLUG] Hi

Michael Mol mikemol at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 22:21:18 EDT 2010

No, it's primarily that you're running Oracle on an Atom processor.
The Atom processor sees a lot of its power savings by removing
circuitry that makes performance gains easier for compilers. While any
CPU will see greater performance when a program is compiled with
tuning parameters for that CPU, the relative gain is much higher for
the Atom, and without the tuning, the Atom suffers relatively greater
performance losses when running untuned code.