[GRLUG] screen not recovering

Eric Beversluis ebever at researchintegration.org
Thu Nov 25 08:22:08 EST 2010

Lately a few times my screen has seemed to go out on me--mostly, I
think, after the computer has been sitting and has locked and dimmed.
When I come back and use the mouse/touchpad to get to the login screen,
it does not respond. If I power down the machine and reboot, it comes up
fine, so I think it's a software rather than hardware problem. Any ideas
about how I might troubleshoot/fix this?

Running openSUSE 11.2 on lenove 3000 N100. All software is updated.

Thanks.

EB