[GRLUG] PHP -> SASL?

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Wed Nov 3 18:42:02 EDT 2010

We have a need to send emails that are then forwarded by gmail to a
remote recipient. Gmail seems to be refusing to forward the messages
[the filter does not work] so I assume it's because the sender cannot
be verified?

There is no valid mail server onsite [that's why they use gmail], so
it seems like the best approach would be to send the email to gmail
using SASL, but most of the php libraries seem to require a local MTA?

Is there a simple way with php to send email with SASL?

	Lee