[GRLUG] internal sd card reader

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Tue May 25 21:16:12 EDT 2010

On Tue, 2010-05-25 at 20:51 -0400, Michael Mol wrote:
> On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 8:49 PM, L. V. Lammert <lvl at omnitec.net> wrote:
> > On Tue, 25 May 2010 topher at t1kdevelopment.com wrote:
> >> dmesg doesn't change at all when I put it in and out.
> > Then either the card you're using is bad, or you do not have a driver
> > detected for the reader.
> Does it show up under lspci or lsusb?

Yeah, it should probably show up in lsusb.  Years ago I used to have to
add the tifm <http://developer.berlios.de/projects/tifmxx> driver
manually on openSUSE on my Toshiba P105-S6206 for the card reader to
work.  The e6400 looks about he same vintage.

Has worked out-of-the-box for quite a while; but maybe not on "fringe"
distros? :)
--
Adam Tauno Williams <awilliam at whitemice.org> LPIC-1, Novell CLA
<http://www.whitemiceconsulting.com>