[GRLUG] Android PDA

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Mon May 3 17:49:23 EDT 2010

At 04:11 PM 5/3/2010, you wrote:

>Good luck finding a PDA.  They seem to have disappeared from the market.

The used market for TXs is still going strong, however, .. I replaced
the touchscreen on mine with a *glass* touchscreen last year - works great!

>PDAs have been absorbed into cell phones.  You can't get just a PDA anymore.

Well, .. the assimilation has **NOT** been successful in my book! I,
for one, do not allow Big Brother Google to index and store in
permanent archive every email I send/receive or appointment I make. </rant>

>I ended up getting a Droid, which works very well (but Eric S. Raymond's
>Google Nexus One he had at Penguicon looked really nice).

About the closest one might get is sync'ing to your own server, ..
but even that is not mainstream.

Oh well, .. a friend of mine is an Android developer, and I have him
about half convinced to take on a Android <-> Zimbra connector.

         Lee