[GRLUG] FiOS -- NOT

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Mon Mar 29 12:57:26 EDT 2010

On Mon, 2010-03-29 at 12:49 -0400, Ben DeMott wrote:
> Overall gaming has the potential to overcome a lot of obstacles that
> developers currently 'hack' around because of speed limitations.
> But yeah, overall I agree - I have 6mb DSL its fast enough for pretty
> much anything I do...
> Maybe another way to look at the question... is "What would things be
> like if we were using ipv6 and ip addresses weren't at a premium, and
> if upload speeds were equal to download speeds?"

Now we're talking.  Real mobile computing would finally be possible, and
ubiquitous networking [right down to the coffee maker], and VOIP would
really be able to come into its own.  But I'm skeptical if some of the
big players are really all that eager for any of the mentioned to come
to pass as it could effect their core businesses.