[GRLUG] Interesting phrase

Steve Romanow slestak989 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 12 09:40:09 EST 2010

Reading Python Cookbook on a shaky schoolbus.  Field trip with son's
school.  Jason Whitlark had an interesting statement I had not heard,
but have experienced in the past.

"Reaching for excessive generalization is a pernicious temptation
It seems we are getting just the right amount of generality."

I wanted to pursue this.  I have worked on completely schedule and
table driven programs that I refer to as Boneless Chickens.  There is
nothing to hold onto and they are a PITA to debug.  (Talking to you
Bertrand :). )

Anyone want to discuss "correct amt of generality"?

Pls forgive me, I'm on a BB, so quoting ethics are out of the window today.

--
Sent from my mobile device