[GRLUG] Linux System Administrator Opportunity

donlumber at comcast.net donlumber at comcast.net
Tue Jun 15 22:20:06 UTC 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bob Kline" <bob.kline at gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, June 15, 2010 4:53:21 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: Re: [GRLUG] Linux System Administrator Opportunity

The list of requirements looks reasonable
for an SA with 5 to 7 years experience.

What is the list of desired skills meant to
do? Does anyone at your company now
begin to have proficiency at most of those
items? What fraction of those items would
you reasonably expect any one person to
have solid experience with?

I was lucky enough to never need to find
a job, but when I did look at postings like
this I usually thought "why not add must
be able to walk on water too?" I would
hope a person that did begin to meet the
hoped for qualifications was at least offered
a big bag of money, because they could
surely get it somewhere. Otherwise, hope
your ad doesn't scare away reasonably
qualified people. Anyone knowing of a
person that good would probably hire them
themselves.

-- Bob

Yunno, I always wondered if I was severely deficient since there must be all these people walking around with years of experience in so many different disciplines. It's good to hear someone else that wonders the same thing.