[GRLUG] Ubuntu, Grub :"No filesystem found: Grub Rescue>"

bcreswel bcreswel at morrison-ind.com
Wed Jul 14 09:15:06 EDT 2010

All interesting responses.

I had on the past two times, tried loading/mounting the drive/partition
from a live cd, and tried a couple of the forum-type suggestions with
grub commands, none of which turned out to be valid commands.(I hate
forums)

The drive size idea is interesting - I have a 160gb drive, just over
that limit.

I had also been experiencing at least weekly freezes, more frequent
before I turned off the extra display effects.

I had only run U9 for a little while, so the sample size of not having
issues with that version is not significant. And before that I was using
the W7RC.

My suspicion is that the freezing led to file corruption. So I suspect
my hard drive, for the Ubuntu display settings.

Bill