[GRLUG] CUPS error

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Mon Jul 12 14:42:40 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-07-12 at 09:58 -0400, John-Thomas Richards wrote:
> I'm running CUPS on Debian Squeeze.  Printing does not work.  When I try
> to access https://127.0.0.1:631/admin I get this error
> Secure Connection Failed
> An error occurred during a connection to 127.0.0.1:631.
> SSL received a record that exceeded the maximum permissible length.
> (Error code: ssl_error_rx_record_too_long)
> Googling for "debian squeeze cups ssl_error_rx_record_too_long" returns
> just 35 hits.
> Restarting CUPS doesn't fix the problem.  Any ideas?

Yep, https://*:631,  use http://*:631

"ssl_error_rx_record_too_long" is caused by attempting to perform an
encrypted request to a non-encrypted resource.

Browser's don't typically support TLS-upgrade, only SSL and non-SSL.
https://*:80 might work, but https://*:631 won't.
--
openSUSE w/GNOME <http://www.opensuse.org/en/>
Linux for human beings who need to get work done.