[GRLUG] CUPS error

John-Thomas Richards jtr at jrichards.org
Mon Jul 12 13:58:51 UTC 2010

I'm running CUPS on Debian Squeeze.  Printing does not work.  When I try
to access https://127.0.0.1:631/admin I get this error:

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to 127.0.0.1:631.

SSL received a record that exceeded the maximum permissible length.

(Error code: ssl_error_rx_record_too_long)

Googling for "debian squeeze cups ssl_error_rx_record_too_long" returns
just 35 hits.

Restarting CUPS doesn't fix the problem.  Any ideas?
--
john-thomas
------