[GRLUG] Affordable MP3/OGG Audio Players (Preferably works with/uses Linux)

John-Thomas Richards jtr at jrichards.org
Thu Jul 8 14:38:11 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jul 08, 2010 at 10:32:35AM -0400, Benjamin Flanders wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 10:28 AM, Matthew <matthew.milzarski at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I would prefer to keep this under $50 and even better under $25.
> > My wife and I are going to the hospital for new baby. Need a decent audio
> > player that's easy to load but don't necessarily need video.
> > Any suggestions?
> >
> Sansa Clip
>
> You can even use Rockbox on it, I heard that it gets better battery
> life , but I would think most of the games/plugins would be worthless.
>

> Share and Enjoy
> Ben

I definitely agree.  The Sansa Clip is pretty amazing and has excellent
battery life.  We have two.  They are a couple years old and required a
firmware update to enable OGG playback but I'm sure they ship with that
capability now.

We can use Rhythmbox to copy music onto it (in MTP mode) or you can drag
& drop in the other mode (MSC?  MSD?  whatever it is).  I have no
complaints with it.

One great feature of it is its light weight.  I clip it to my collar
when running/shooting baskets and never notice it.
--
john-thomas
------