[GRLUG] off-topic: HP printer woes

Luan Pham luanlx.louie at gmail.com
Fri Jul 2 17:51:21 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-07-02 at 13:10 -0400, John-Thomas Richards wrote:
> I'm this -----> <----- close to returning it altogether.  It works
> fine
> via USB cable, but that defeats the idea of a network printer.  It's a
> shame, really.  With HPLIP scanning and faxing and printing work
> swimmingly.  Just not via the network.

Look HP have problem with Network printer.  I got AIO 209b HP Photosmart
printer with Wireless got it last September, and last February the
wireless stop working all together.  I was spend three days with HP
supports via e-mail, and spend all brand news inks ($120) worth plus one
rim of paper. I end up give it up because tech support keep try ask me
reinstall software zillion time debug them.  I end up just give it up
and got a Cannon printer.  I was happy ever since.