[GRLUG] off-topic: HP printer woes

John-Thomas Richards jtr at jrichards.org
Fri Jul 2 00:18:43 UTC 2010

I just purchased and HP OfficeJet 4500 (without wireless).  When I
connect it to my router I get nothing.  Zip.  No connection.  I can use
the ethernet cable and connect my laptop and get an IP address.  The
problem, then, seems to be in the printer.  I just got it today.  I've
tried manually configuring the IP stuff and trying DHCP.  Nada.  Google
has frustrated me.  Do any of you have any tips for getting this thing
to connect to my network?
--
john-thomas
------